In honor of my recent feature in Palm Beach Illustrated, I am sharing a local’s guide to Jupiter and the Palm Beaches!
When people say “we live where you vacation” we really mean it here in Jupiter. Jupiter is a small beach town in the heart of Palm Beach County on the Florida’s East Coast. If you drive about 30 minutes south you will run into the bustling city of West Palm Beach and picturesque Palm Beach Island.
There are so many fun things to do and delicious seafood to eat that makes our hometown such a special place. Here are a few suggestions on what to eat, see and do if you ever find yourself in Jupiter or Palm Beach!
Carlin Park Beach & Loggerhead Cafe – Grab lunch beachside at Loggerhead Cafe and just steps away is our beautiful ocean.
Local Tip: just go a little south of Carlin Park to find the local dog beach and it is guaranteed to be less crowded.
Food Shack – The most favorite fresh seafood spot for every Jupiter local and visitor. You MUST get the Sweet Potato Crusted fish and the nut mash. Fun Fact: they actually catered our wedding!
Square Grouper – The local waterfront bar with an amazing view of the lighthouse and a great place to catch the sunset.
Charlie & Joe’s Love Street – This is the new kid on the block in Jupiter. It consists of three restaurant concepts all of the same property overlooking the lighthouse. Downstairs you have The Beacon, which is a fine dining experience with incredible food. Upstairs on top of Beacon is TopSide which has tiki themed cocktails
A few other favorites:
– Guanabanas: great happy hour
– Harbourside: a small waterfront, downtown area with great restaurants
– Elements Frozen Yogurt: amazing acai bowls
– Tequesta Brewing Company: local brewery
– Hogsnappers: fresh seafood and great sushi
– U-Tiki: amazing waterfront dining
Worth Avenue – The heart and soul of Palm Beach Island, known as the “Rodeo Drive” of Palm Beach. Fabulous window shopping and full of history and adorable vias like the one pictured above. Perfect for picture opportunities and people watching.
Restoration Hardware – A stunning, brand new building in the center of West Palm Beach. The architecture and design elements of this building are jaw dropping. Head up to the rooftop restaurant for an amazing view and enjoy brunch, lunch or dinner.
Grato – Our favorite restaurant in this area. Whether it is for a boozy brunch or a romantic dinner, Grato never disappoints.
Royal Poinciana Plaza – This newly renovated plaza with its black and white checkered floors and perfectly curated boutiques is a must see while on Palm Beach Island. Grab a coffee at Saint Ambreous or lunch at Honor Bar.
A few other favorites:
– Downtown at the Gardens: where my favorite local store Lola Chiq Boutique is located
– The Breakers: the most historical hotel on Palm Beach Island that hosts several restaurant options and cabanas for rent
– Pura Vida: a healthy Miami based restaurant that is as delicious as it is aesthetically pleasing
– Cucinas: a late night restaurant turned bar for a night out
Where to Shop: